Full Time Travel Consultant
InsideAsia Tours is currently recruiting for Japan travel consultants for the InsideJapan Tours brand. We have positions available in our US.
This is a Japan sales position. You will be responsible for designing and selling holiday packages and for ensuring our customers have the best possible Japan holiday experience. You will need to meet sales targets whilst providing the highest levels of customer service. There will be opportunities for research in Japan to aid your understanding of the country and to improve your product knowledge.
Your principal duties will be:
• Designing, creating and selling tailored holidays and group tours of Japan
• Responding to customer enquiries by e-mail and telephone
• Working to achieve specific sales targets, both individually and as a team
• Selling to both direct customers and travel agents
• Researching, developing and improving our huge range of products and services
• Preparing and sending out travel documents and tickets
• Promoting our products and services, both to direct customers and travel agents
• General office duties and other duties as may arise from time to time
You must be able to demonstrate:
• University/college undergraduate/bachelor’s degree
• Experience of living and working in Japan (or significant time spent in Japan)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail - You must be able to accurately perform detail orientated tasks
• Excellent time-management and organisational skills. This is a demanding role and you will be required to get a lot done each day
• An ability to concentrate on a task for an extended period
• Core IT skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
• A passion for Japan as a travel destination and the desire to help others discover the country
• Basic Japanese language skills
The following skills/experience will be advantageous:
• Experience of working within the travel industry
• Extensive travel experience in Japan
• Sales experience
• Intermediate/advanced Japanese language skills
• Intermediate/advanced IT skills
• Experience of travelling in Indochina
Full training is provided both in-house and externally.
US: US $26-30k (depending on skills and experience) gross per annum, plus unlimited sales-related bonus (on target earnings approx + USD6k). 20 days paid vacation. Full group health benefits, 401(k) (with a company contribution up to 3.5%) all after required probationary period. RTD ECO Pass.
Potential salary after 3 years: USD38-42k plus approx USD12k on target earnings
Applications Closing Date: September 6th 2015
Start Date: mid October 2015
To apply for the position please click on the link below and complete the online application form.
Travel Consultant Application Form CLICK HERE
If you have any questions about the company, position available or submitting your application, please contact the following person:
Mr Mathew Eccles (US Branch Director) - Tel
InsideAsia Tours is a young and dynamic travel company based in Bristol, UK. Our two brands are InsideJapan Tours and InsideVietnam Tours. The company also has offices in Nagoya, Japan and Boulder, CO, USA. We organise small group tours and tailored packages for private clients and third-party travel agents. The majority of our customers are UK-based, but we also have a significant volume of customers from North America, Australia (served by our Japan office) and other parts of the world. As an operator specialising in only two destinations coupled with our ground handling office in Japan, we are in a unique position in the market.
InsideJapan Tours' strengths are:
• The passion of our staff for all things Japanese
• An unrivalled expertise in travelling around Japan
• An understanding of what foreign visitors want out of a trip to Japan
• A flexible and innovative approach to putting together holiday packages
InsideAsia Tours is a member is AITO (The Association of Independent Tour Operators) and fully bonded with ABTOT. The company holds an ATOL licence for flight inclusive packages. In 2010 the company won the prestigious Guardian Travel Award in the Best Small Tour Operator category and in 2011 received a gold award at the British Travel Awards for best Independent Tour Operator to East and Central Asia.
Our offices are hard working and fast paced but friendly and welcoming – we are a genuine team and the work that everyone puts in to moving the company forward is valued and rewarded. Our work is challenging but rewarding and you will be making a genuine difference to our clients’ holiday experience.
Back to top